Summer School Villa Verbeelding 2019
Programme Summer School 2019
Experimenting with techniques, materials and stories. Discovering or further developing your own style. All this is possible during the Summer School Villa Verbeelding: 4 days of drawing intensively under the guidance of top illustrators Carll Cneut or Rébecca Dautremer. They share their passion and experience, show concrete examples from their own work and help you refine your technique.
Workshop in Dutch. Programme to be announced.
Workshop in English. Programme to be announced.
Dates: Monday 26 August – Thursday 29 August 2019 (4 days)
Hours: 9am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm
Mentors and locations:
- Rébecca Dautremer in Villa Verbeelding: Bampslaan 35, 3500 Hasselt
- Carll Cneut in PXL-MAD School of Arts: reception Campus Elfde Linie, C-building, Elfde-Liniestraat 25, 3500 Hasselt. The Summer School takes place in the student tower next to the C-building, 9th floor.
Number of participants: max. 20 participants per group
Experience: not necessary. We do ask a passion for books and illustration.
What to bring?
- drawing apron
- your favourite drawing materials
- portfolio, if you want to discuss this with your mentor
Transport and parking
We advise you to come by bike or public transport if possible. Villa Verbeelding is only 5 minutes walking from the train station and you can take several buses to PXL-MAD School of Arts. If you come by car, you may find the information below useful.
- Villa Verbeelding: free parking in this area is limited. You can park in the Astrid parking close by (Koningin Astridlaan): between 9 am and 7 pm you pay 1 euro per 5 hours parking. Between 7 pm and 9 am parking is free. Or you can park on the street in the railway station area: between 9 am and 7 pm you pay 1 euro for the first hour, 2 euro for the second hour and 3 euro per hour from the third hour onwards. You can park maximum 10 hours per day. More info: www.hasselt.be/nl/betaald-parkeren.
- PXL-MAD School of Arts: there is a big parking behind the C-building (free access)
Where to eat?
Bring your own lunch or explore the city! Villa Verbeelding is located close to the centre of Hasselt, where you'll find lots of nice lunch spots. Close to PXL-MAD School of Arts, you can have lunch at Bermudas Beach Bar, next to the swimming pool Kapermolen.
Where to sleep?
Hostel H (Spoorwegstraat 80, 3500 Hasselt) reserves rooms for participants during a limited period. You'll get a discount with your registration certificate. No need for a room? Please indicate so on your registration form, then they can release the rooms.
€ 350 or € 280 for (former) students of PXL-MAD School of Arts.
Registration only via the online registration form (to be published on this website):
- from Monday 6 May 2019: for (former) students of PXL-MAD School of Arts. Mention your student number!
- from Monday 20 May 2019: for all other participants.
In case there are more registrations than available spots per group, participants who register for the first time in the illustrator's group have priority over participants who were already in this illustrator's group the previous years. This way, we hope to give as many people as possible the chance to learn from every illustrator. So please take this into account when registering.
There are limited spaces available for this Summer School. Therefore, we would like to ensure the participation of the applicants. By registering you agree with the cancellation policy:
- If your registration and payment has been completed but you can no longer participate, always contact Villa Verbeelding first via email@example.com. We will contact the next person on the waiting list.
- For every cancellation, we will charge an administration cost of € 70. If we can find someone to replace you via the waiting list, we will repay the rest of the registration fee. In case there is no other participant available, we will notify you that you can look for someone to replace you yourself. We kindly ask that this person contacts us as soon as possible to take care of the registration.
- In case of cancellation less than 1 month before the start of the Summer School, restitution is no longer possible. Participants pay the full registration fee, also in case of a no-show without notification or when leaving the Summer School early.
- Villa Verbeelding has the right to cancel the Summer School in case of insufficient subscriptions or unforeseen circumstances. In that case participants will get a full refund of the subscription fee.